What is CPAP?
Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) is the leading therapy for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnoea. The patient wears a nasal or face mask during sleep, which is connected to a pump that provides a positive flow of air into the nasal passages in order to keep the airway open.
If you require CPAP treatment
The most important aspect to consider when you require CPAP therapy is the education and follow-up service. At Shepparton Sleep Centre our highly experienced CPAP consultants will spend as much time as required with you to ensure that you are confident with your treatment.
When commencing CPAP therapy, a trial period is recommended for a minimum of 2 weeks to ensure that your therapy is effective before purchasing your own CPAP device.
Your CPAP consultant will provide you with the following:
- Comprehensive education on your CPAP equipment, to ensure your best possible compliance and therapy, including spending time testing different masks to find the most comfortable fit.
- Remote monitoring of your CPAP therapy on trial, viewed in our office daily, to ensure best therapy outcomes.
- Free follow-up consultations and analysis of therapy data to check the effectiveness of your CPAP therapy and sleep quality for the first 12 months after purchase.
- Annual review appointments once established comfortably on therapy.
- Availability of spare parts and loan machines 5 days per week.
- CPAP therapy reports and ongoing communication with your Sleep Physician and General Practitioner.
CPAP Hire Equipment
Shepparton Sleep Centre has various CPAP machines and masks available for hire on your CPAP trial or if your current CPAP machine is under repair.